Rockstar Energy Drink
- Date of Birth: May 9, 1975
- Home: Omaha, Nebraska
- Website: http://www.briandeegan.com
- 2013: 9 starts, 3 podiums, 4 heat wins, 106 points, 4th overall (Supercars)
- 2012: 6 starts, 5 podiums, 5 heat wins, 84 points, 2nd overall (Supercars)
- 2011: 4 starts, 1 win, 2 podiums, 3 heat wins, 54 points, 9th overall (Supercars)
- CAREER: 19 starts, 1 win, 10 podiums, 12 heat wins, 245 points (Supercars)
Podiums and points are nice, but Brian Deegan is all about winning.
It’s a big reason why, despite being the only driver to finish on the podium in all of his point-scoring races in 2012, he wasn’t satisfied with a runner-up championship result; it’s why his three podiums and fourth place finish last year weren’t enough. The man with multiple X Games medals in both Moto X and Rally Car Racing wants more, expects more from himself, and plans to deliver this year.
2013 was an up-and-down season for the racer known as “The General,” whose podium finishes at New Hampshire, Bristol, and Charlotte were beset by early contact in Los Angeles, an engine failure in Atlanta, and a nightmarish second day in the Las Vegas finale that saw him end the year with a season-worst 13th place finish. All in all, his nine appearances were good for 106 points, but Ken Block’s season-ending victory was good enough to surpass his Ford compatriot for third in the standings.
With his multi-year X Games Rally Car medal streak snapped last season, Deegan will be racing for his pride in 2014. Anyone who knows what kind of driver he is, especially when he’s motivated—remember his move from the back row to second place in the 2012 season finale?—should be wary of seeing the warplane-themed Fiesta in their mirrors this year.