Hoonigan Racing Division
- Date of Birth: November 21, 1967
- Home: Park City, Utah
- Website: http://www.hooniganracing.com
- 2013: 9 starts, 1 win, 3 podiums, 11 heat wins, 115 points, 3rd overall (Supercars)
- 2012: 6 starts, 1 podium, 3 heat wins, 58 points, 5th overall (Supercars)
- 2011: 2 starts, best finish 9th, 10 points, 23rd overall (Supercars)
- CAREER: 17 starts, 1 win, 4 podiums, 14 heat wins, 185 points (Supercars)
After a dominant season that saw him win three poles and 11 of 13 heat events, Ken Block finally added a Red Bull Global Rallycross victory to his trophy case in 2013.
Block, winner of 15 Rally America events, a stage winner and point scorer in the World Rally Championship, and perhaps the biggest YouTube celebrity of his generation, did plenty to establish himself as a perennial front-runner in his first two seasons in the sport. He earned a silver medal at X Games Los Angeles in 2012, and added two more podium finishes in the first eight races of 2013.
Redemption finally came in the last race of the season at Las Vegas. A full year after a cockpit fire robbed a sure victory from him in the same event, Block took advantage of Tanner Foust’s jump start to inherit the lead and held on all the way to race’s end. The win, combined with podiums in Munich and Bristol, helped him earn third place in the championship, two spots higher than his 2012 result.
Now that the monkey is finally off his back, anything is possible for 2014. Block’s confidence in his car is unwavering, and knowing what it takes to make it last through the end of the event is a big step forward for him and his Hoonigan Racing Division team. Wins are hard to come by in Red Bull Global Rallycross, but Block’s first win shouldn’t be his last.